The overall objective is to lower the incidence of malnutrition, avert excess mortality due to malnutrition and promote better nutritional status among populations in the affected areas.
- Initiate and facilitate intensive SFPs, including community-based nutrition actions, to the access of nutritionally vulnerable populations to emergency nutrition response.
- Promote appropriate infant and young child feeding practices.
- To increase access and support to community based preventive IYCF services
- Improve knowledge, expand access and utilization to quality nutritional services for better population health outcomes.
- Improve nutritional status of vulnerable mother and children through Supplementary Feeding (SFP) and outpatient therapeutic program (OTP), provision of knowledge and expand access to utilization of quality Nutritional services.
- Increase access to quality nutrition treatment programme for severe and moderate acute malnutrition integrated at health centers and communities using CMAM approach